Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cut, piece, press, repeat....

Slowly but surely I am making progress this week! Having some time off work is great and the miserable weather definitely limits the options for other things I could be doing.

 I finally managed to get CeLynn's October bee blocks done and in the post to her. She picked a super cute owl block and, with some lovely fabrics to work with, I think they turned out nicely!



October block 2

We also did a 6.5" signature block for the back:

 October signature block

I spent a lot of yesterday making up a little something for Susan as part of her long overdue giveaway prize from the Summer Sewing list. Its gone in today's post with a Terrain charm pack - but no pics until it arrives! I want it to be a surprise.

Then I got working on the blocks for my friend's baby quilt. I took Leanne's advice and decided to piece what I had already cut before doing any more cutting (good advice!) and now have 25 blocks done! I think they are going to work quite nicely - I know there is an over supply of red blocks here - haven't done a lot of the blues and pinks yet so it will be more balanced.



I have some faves in these blocks - like this gorgeous flower:


This butterfly:


This fairy princess - although I don't know what fabric its from!


The willow wren:


And of course, not forgetting my owls:


And lastly, my very last bit of Sherbet Pips:


Have to go to work tomorrow but hoping I might make some more progress on Friday when I am off again! Linking up to some really talented ladies over at Freshly Pieced:


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

23 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Lovin' the baby quilt blocks, and those owl blocks are so cute!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I love the owls and that baby quilt is going to be adorable!! I love all the fussing cutting, it looks great :)

Jessica Kelly said...

That owl block is just darling! Great blocks for the baby quilt, I love those prints you fussy cut!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It all looks wonderful and the baby quilt is going to be fabulous, love the fussy cutting!

Alli said...

Your baby quilt is adorable so far! I really like your signature block, too. :)

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Looks like such a happy quilt already. Love the fussy cuts Sarah. Great job!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Such cute blocks, Sarah. I have some of that fairy princess fabric--I think it is alexander henry but I cut the selvage off (of course!!) so i can't remember the name. It's really cute though!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Well, how fun is this!? I esp love the owl block--is there a tutorial somewhere for this?

Judith, Belfast said...

Cute blocks all round Sarah! The baby quilt will be fun and 'grow' with the child because of those cute pictures. You could call it an 'I Spy ..' quilt! Jxo

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Lovely blocks twinny, and Susan will be over the moon with some Terrain - suppose you heard her whinning about not having any to me!

Annabella said...

Susan has whined to me as well (Hadley and me jealous?)...she`ll love her charm pack and whatever else she`s getting! Sweet quilt and the owl blocks are super - particularly the second one.

Melissa said...

Your blocks are so lovely! and the quilt is turning out beautifully!

Katy Cameron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy Cameron said...

Cute owl blocks, and love your wee baby quilt blocks

Lynne said...

The blocks for the baby quilt are so cute!

Toni said...

Cute block, Sarah! Your baby quilt is coming along nicely. I love square in square blocks, especially with cute fussy cuts in the middle!

Anna said...

The owls and the off centered blocks are awesome! So many people I know love owls so what a cute idea! Found you on WIP Wednesday.

Canadian Abroad said...

Hadley and Annabella are both being thoroughly cheeky!! I shall rise above it - because I'm getting some Terrain. HaHa! Woohoo and something made by you! Happy dance here.

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Awww looks like your mojo is on it's way back, Mrs. Love the baby quilt blocks, that's gonna make a mum very happy!

The Sunflower Patch said...

They turned out G R E A T! Thank you so much :)
Loving your fussy cut blocks.

Leanne said...

I am so glad you made all those amazing blocks, now you can think about how much fun they are while you cut some more fabric up! You have some very cute fabric in it. And I really like those cute owls too.

Unknown said...

The baby quilt is looking fabulous! Love all the little fussies :-) The owl blocks are cute too... if a little, umm, unusual...!

Cindy said...

Wow! Look at all of the beautiful things you created! I think the little wren is my fav :)